Eyeball Messenger and AnyFirewall SDKs enable video, voice, and instant messaging for popular tablet devices
VANCOUVER, BC and LAS VEGAS, NV (January 6, 2011) – Eyeball Networks, a leading provider of software developer tools for real-time VoIP, video, and instant messaging solutions, today announced the update of its Eyeball Messenger Software Development Kit (SDK) to support tablet computers and mobile devices using Android, iOS, and Windows 7 operating systems. The updates to Messenger SDK enable tablet device makers, infrastructure vendors, and application developers to further enhance their software offerings using Eyeball’s award winning Messenger soft client solutions for real-time voice, video, and IM communications. The Messenger SDK enhancements also follow Eyeball’s previous updates to its popular AnyFirewall NAT traversal software, which enable PCs, tablets, and other devices to provide reliable communications through any firewall or NAT device.
The timing of Eyeball’s announcement coincides with the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6-9. Over a dozen new tablet devices are expected to be announced at CES from companies including Asus, LG, Motorola, MSI, NEC, and Viewsonic. These new devices are expected to build on the success of the Apple iPad, Dell Streak, and Samsung Galaxy Tab, and come in a range of form factors using ARM-based chips from Freescale, Marvell, Qualcomm, Samsung, and Texas Instruments.
Eyeball’s Messenger SDK can be used to supplement any VoIP, video, or IM software bundled on the tablets, or to develop new applications that will improve on the tablet’s capabilities. Most new tablet devices running on iOS, Android, or Windows 7 operating systems have the ability to support multitasking, high definition multimedia, and come with front-facing cameras and multi-touch display – all of which can be utilized by Eyeball’s Messenger SDK to deliver a rich, real-time peer-to-peer voice or video chat solution.
“Eyeball’s AnyFirewall and Messenger SDK solutions have been used in PCs and embedded device for many years, and our recent enhancements have enabled us to extend multimedia solutions to tablet and mobile devices,” said Chris Piche, CEO for Eyeball. “We are excited to enable our customers to deliver rich communications solutions in tablet devices, and you can expect to hear a number of exciting announcements from Eyeball in 2011.”
AnyFirewall Engine and Server are based on years of innovation by Eyeball and leverage IETF, IMS, PacketCable, and Microsoft protocols. They provide guaranteed, carrier-grade firewall and NAT traversal across multiple embedded, PC, and mobile platforms including Android, Blackberry, iPhone/iPad, Linux, OS X, VxWorks, Windows, and Windows Mobile/Phone. AnyFirewall provides support for universal standards for wireless, fixed, and cable networks using STUN, TURN, ICE, UPnP, MS-ICE2, and MS-TURN protocols.
Messenger SDK solutions provide device makers, service providers, and application developers with the industry’s most robust and feature-rich VoIP, video telephony, and instant messaging API. Messenger SDK includes a library of software components for voice, video, and IM features, user and reference documentation, sample client applications including source code, and technical support for integration and customization. Messenger SDK leverages standards-based communications protocols SIP and XMPP, and includes AnyFirewall Engine for NAT traversal along with the following broad feature set:
VoIP / Internet Telephony Features
- PC-PC or PC-phone calls
- Caller ID, Call waiting, Call hold, Call forward, Call transfer
- Call screening or blocking, or sending to voice mail
- Voicemail and Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Conferencing with up to 8 users
- Multiple SIP registrations
- Call history (received, dialled and missed)
- Customized ring-tones
- Connect to PSTN and mobile phones (using SIP gateways & soft-switches)
- Touch-tones or DTMF for PBX calling and IVR systems
- Adaptive jitter buffer
- Packet loss concealment for voice and video
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for voice
- Voice Activity Detection (VAD)
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC)
- Narrow band and wide-band voice codec choice: G711A, G711U, iLBC, Speex, Speex-wb, GSM, G.729a, Siren
- Video conferencing with up to 8 users
- Optimized frame rate and quality based on available bandwidth
- Video codec choice: H.263, H.264 and EyeStream
- Video message record
- Picture-in-picture for video calls
Presence and Instant Messaging Features
- IM Federation with AOL, Google Talk, MSN and Yahoo
- Do Not Disturb, Busy and Available status; Custom available/away status
- Buddy group management with tree-based buddy-list
- Avatars to represent self or others
- One-to-one and multiparty text chat
- Offline text messaging
- Multiple language character sets (Unicode support)
- Peer-to-peer file transfer
About Eyeball Networks
Eyeball Networks is a pioneer and leading developer of VoIP and NAT traversal infrastructure and developer tools enabling service providers, application developers, and device makers to deliver carrier-grade IP communications solutions in a cost-effective and timely manner. Today, over 200 licensees and 20 million users benefit from Eyeball’s innovations, including its patented AnyBandwidth, AnyFirewall, and AntiSPIT technologies guaranteeing the best possible VoIP and video telephony experience – over any Internet connection, across any NAT or firewall, and on any device. For more information, please visit www.eyeball.com or email email@example.com.
Telephone: +1 604 921 5993